Friday, June 3, 2022

Maiden Voyage of the paddleboards

 Today was the first day we were able to take the paddleboards out for a ride.  We chose Hyrum Dam since it's close. We invited our neighbors the Silvers to come along too.  It worked out great because they were planning a day at the dam also. The kids and I had a blast swimming and paddle boarding.  Addi didn't want to get in the water much so she spent most of the time playing on the grass on her blowup dolphin. Towards the end of our day Addi came over to me frantic because she said she had a bug in her ear.  I looked and couldn't see anything, but then she would sit still for a minute and then freak out saying it was moving.  I had some tweezers in the car so we went and got those and I tried to see if I could grab anything but I couldn't. I thought we were going to have to end our day at instacare to get the "bug" out of her ear. I still couldn't see anything, but she was making me nervous.  I decided to pour some water into her ear and see what would happen.  Then I stuck the tweezers in again and out came an EARWIG! It was terrifying.  My poor baby.  She just wanted to be held after the whole ordeal was done. She bore her testimony at church a few days later and said she had prayed that Heavenly Father would help her and then we were able to get the earwig out.  It was such a sweet and simple testimony that it made me cry.  I love that she turned to her Heavenly Father when she needed help. 








No comments: