This year we got to spend a week in Moab with the Woodhead side of the family. We had a blast! We rented two condos which were right across the hall from one another. Our family and Kristi's stayed in one and Mom and Dad, Ashley's family and Ben and Steven stayed in the other. We spent Monday traveling and getting settled into our condos. Monday we spent the day in Arches. Because of the large demand to get into the park they have changed to timed entry so we planned to go at 10. We joined together and hiked to Landscape Arch together and those that were faster than the rest of us not walking with kids went on further to check out the Double O Arch. We could see them up in the distance climbing straight up. They were so excited about their adventure. After our hike we stopped at the picnic area for sandwiches and then split up. Kenzie went back with the little kids because she really doesn't like hiking, Addi left with Grandma and Grandpa, so Heath, Hunter, David, Steven and Ashley's family and I all hiked up to Delicate Arch. It was beautiful.
Wednesday we checked out Goblin Valley. It took us a good hour and a half to get there, but the kids really seemed to love it. They were climbing everywhere. In true form, Hunter, Steven and Heath left us to go see how high they could climb and we eventually caught sight of them high on the horizon on top of the surrounding mountains. Afterwards Heath took Hunter golfing at the Moab Golf Course. We ended the night with Grandma and Grandpa making macaroni and babysitting the littles while we got to enjoy a dinner and boat tour on the Colorado River. They take you up the river pointing out things along the way and then you float back down in the dark listening to an audio about the history of the area while a car drives along the road shining a spotlight along the river walls. It was quite enjoyable.
Thursday everyone went to the dinosaur museum but Addi wasn't feeling well so I stayed home with her. We found some cute Netflix movies to occupy our time.
Friday was a free-for-all. Heath and Dad took Heath's truck off roading on trails leading back into Arches park. I took Dad's truck with Ashley and hiked to Corona Arch and then hiked the opposite direction to Pinto Arch. I was feeling the heat towards the end of the second half, but a quick rest and we were off again. I was glad Ashley was willing to go with me. No one else wanted to and I really wanted to go. (Granted Kristi was very pregnant and shouldn't have gone.)
Whenever we had a spare moment we spent it in the pool or eating delicious food. I snuck back to my favorite food truck twice. Its called the Quesadilla Mobilla. They have THE BEST quesadaillas I have ever had. Too bad we don't' have one in Logan.

































No comments:
Post a Comment