Wednesday, August 16, 2023

First Day of School

 It was completely weird that just Addi and I left for school today. Hunter and Kenzie start next week. Addi and I are both in 5th grade this year. She gets to be in Mrs. Walsh's class and I get to start my first year teaching 5th grade. Mrs. Walsh is amazing and Addi is so excited to get to be in her class. Addi already knows her because we often do things together as we are good friends. Addi has been so excited to go back to school so she can hang out with her friends again and pass off the Great American things she has been practicing. I think her goal is to be the very first person to get the Great American in fifth grade. I think she can do it too. She can already do everything except label all of the states and capitals and write out the Pledge of Allegiance. I love her excitement for life. It is contagious. 

I am loving my class this year. They are so sweet and eager to learn. I hope to help them keep that enthusiasm and have fun as we learn together. This summer has been full of school work as I work towards getting my teaching license. I was able to take an American History class online and I absolutely loved it. I also took one required pedagogy class and two method classes. I was still able to get a little playing in, but I am sure my family mostly felt neglected this summer. I only have three more pedagogy classes to go and then a few observations and a PPAT project. I'm not sure what all that entails, but I have heard it is intense. I have the best fifth grade team and am so lucky they are willing to help me along in this journey. Its interesting to think back on the journey that has lead me to this point. I can only be grateful for all of those experiences. 





No comments: