Friday, August 25, 2023

Hunter and the Marching Band

 Hunter had decided not to try out for marching band this year because he really wanted to be on the golf team. He made the first round of cuts, but missed out by a couple of strokes for the second round of cuts. He was so disappointed. He had put percussion on his schedule so he would at least get to do it during school and so Thursday afternoon he came home with some exciting news. His band teacher Joel Yoder realized in class that he was really good and asked him to join the marching band even though he hadn't been practicing with them all summer. One of the percussion players is moving in a few weeks and they are in need of a new player. He was thrilled. He told me he would be staying after school on Friday to practice with them and would let me know when I needed to pick him up. I dropped both Hunter and Kenzie off at seminary at 7 am. I got a text later saying practice was from 3 to 5. I then get a text saying he will be playing at the MCHS football game that night starting at 8 pm and that he was going with them to their before performance dinner and I would only need to pick him up at the school at midnight! That was crazy. I decided I must go to the game and watch him play so Addi and I went up to the USU stadium and enjoyed their performance from 8:30 to midnight. What a long day! I am so proud of him. He says he has a lot to catch up on with learning the new songs but he is determined. He didn't want me to take his picture, but I told him I would stand there until he let me. I guess that worked because he smiled so I would leave him alone with his friends. 



No comments: